Bella Blu Designs

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day weekend

Happy Labor Day weekend! It's been a laborious weekend around here but I feel very accomplished. We finally got to the store to pick out a new mattress and box spring on Friday and it was delivered last night. For two people who love to sleep as much as we do, it's a crying shame we went soooo long before replacing our old set which had to have been at least 18 years old. It was a hand-me-down about 10 years ago from my Aunt Shelley and it was well past its prime. So we replaced it with a new pillow top set and I am pleased to report it was a great night's sleep. The only down side is that I am going to have to get one of those little doggy ladders for the cats because this one is about 10 inches higher than the old set. Old creeky bones Stitch is having a hard time hurling his 17 pounds over the edge!

I am also in the process of doing some serious de-cluttering around here. When I was in Atlanta last month I got lots of new fabrics so I plan to list some new items in the shop - like this new bulldog onesie and burpcloth set:


I also hope to have the start of my (gulp) holiday items up in the shop over the next couple of weeks. I designed my gift tags last night and am going to start on cards today/tomorrow. I can't believe it's still Africa-hot here and I am thinking about Christmas stuff... but if I don't do it now it will never happen. So stay tuned for some fresh, new holiday goodies coming soon! Enjoy the long weekend.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin