Bella Blu Designs

Friday, November 21, 2008

Deck the tree

Today is our office Thanksgiving potluck and to mark the occasion, we're decking our halls with Christmas decorations. I can't believe the holidays are here (especially since it still feels like summer in Austin) but I am going to take some advice I heard recently and "accept it: the holidays are here; just get over it." My mom arrives on Tuesday for Thanksgiving and I think we'll put our tree up while she's here. So I've been looking on Etsy for some fun ornaments and here are a few of my favorites:

Vintage typewriter key Christmas ornament from Joy's Jewels:


Peace dove ornament - Picasso inspired by ooshkapah: good things:


Winter Robin bauble by SnowFish:


Christmas Tree Ornament - Evergreen tree by JMDAY (another Austin seller):

And last but not least, Owly Ornament Set of Three by Needlings (I love this shop!):

I wish I were one of those people who collected unique little interesting ornaments from my travels but unfortunately, I am one of those people who goes to Michael's and buys boxes of plain old frosted glass ornaments. Last year I did a fun pink and orange theme which actually turned out a lot more elegant than I had imagined.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin