Bella Blu Designs

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Team Griffin


Last night Alison and I went to see Kathy Griffin and she was hee-lare-ious. We had such a blast. We went to Romeo's on Barton Springs for dinner first and then it was off to the new Long Center for the show. The Long Center is amazing... super accessible for parking & we were able to quickly navigate the crowd and make our way to our seats in the way, way, way upper balcony (last row). From where we were seated Kathy looked like little more than a red-headed spec on stage but she delivered some seriously large laughs. I wish we would have been able to see her better because I am sure she had some insane facial gestures to illustrate her jokes.


I was so exhausted when I got home last night that I went straight to bed. This of course meant I had to rise bright and early to get my work done and all orders into the mail by 5. I am pleased to report that I got everything out the door by 4 and cranked out a new tote bag:


I posted earlier this week about my new shabby chic floral onesie and I love the design so much, I decided to turn it into a tote. I ordered this new tote with light blue handles and the blue is so much more gorgeous than it looked in the online photos. It's almost more of a minty blue and it matches perfectly the aqua fabric I've cut for the center of the flowers. I used buttons on the tote and I think they're a nice little addition to the design. The only problem with this floral motif is that it takes FOREVER to assemble and sew. There's so much layering and I'm still perfecting my straight stitch on all of the little curves. It's just so cute that I keep thinking of other things I can create with the appliquéd flowers. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin