Bella Blu Designs

Sunday, August 30, 2009

TGI Sunday!

Good gracious, it's been a busy week! I was so relieved to be nearly caught up heading into this past week but how quickly things changed. I was excited that my episode of Martha re-ran but not exactly prepared for the onslaught orders. I am pleased to report that with the exception of three orders that came in on Friday, everything has been sewn/printed, packaged and shipped!

It wasn't all hard work this week. Thursday night Andy and I were finally able to enjoy my birthday gift from June - Wicked! It's been playing here in Austin for the past two weeks and I was so thrilled to finally get to see it. We've been trying to see it in NYC for a couple of years now but it hasn't worked out. So as I soon as I heard it was coming to the Bass Concert Hall on UT campus, we snatched up tickets.

I had heard such unanimous praise from everyone who had seen it and I could not WAIT to see what all the hype was about. I can say with enthusiasm that it lived up to every expectation I had and then some. It was fabulous! We both loved it and did not want to see it end. The music, the set design, the costumes, the acting, the singing... it was beyond fabulous. I highly recommend this show if it comes to your market - you will not be disappointed!

Sundays are my favorite day of the week because there is no pressure to meet the mail! Today I am finishing up my last few orders of the week and getting a little sewing done on some new reusable wipe cloth sets. These sets are a fun way to reduce my fabric stash!

I can't believe we're rounding the corner of Fall and heading into the HOLIDAYS! I've decided to have a sample sale to de-clutter my space of the numerous items I've created over the years but haven't sold. I also have a ton of onesies that were used to decorate the set on my segment of Martha so I'm going to list them all over the coming week in hopes of clearing my work table and several shelves of storage in my closet. So watch the shop for some great deals on ready-made items. Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin