Bella Blu Designs

Monday, October 6, 2008

Avoca - Ireland

The first shop I popped into when I arrived in Dublin was by far my favorite of the whole trip. It was this darling store called Avoca and I believe it's an Irish company. It's similar to Anthropologie here in the States and they had the most fabulous items - including womens fashions, houswares, kitchen items, gifts, etc. According to their website they have one location in the U.S. in Annapolis. I highly recommend stopping by if you're in the area. Or if you're in Ireland, there are at least 4-5 locations.

I really, really, really wanted this candelabra but it was 80 Euro or about $120 and I wasn't sure how I'd get it home. I'm afraid I'll regret not picking it up:

I also really like this card designer, Caroline Gardner. She has some lovely cards and I enjoyed spinning the rack and browsing all of her designs:


Avoca also had some adorable pet items, all of which I wanted to take home. I did pick something up off of this table for a Christmas gift:

I've mentioned before that I love these fabric pennant banners and looks like they've caught on in Ireland, too:

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin